For a information about the 2023-24 budget and election, click here.
(518) 439-9314, ext. 3022
Send an email
to the director.
Send an email to the Board of Trustees.
Bethlehem Public Library values its responsibility to enhance the general welfare and quality of life in the community and region it serves. The library pursues excellence in its mission: to provide equal and uncensored access to resources and services that encourage lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and professional growth.*
*Statement adopted by the Library Board of Trustees November 17, 1997. Revised and approved September 9, 2002.
Meetings and minutes
Board meetings are held at the library monthly and are open to the public. Meetings begin at 6pm. The May meeting reserves time from 6-6:30pm for public comment on the proposed library budget. Voting on the budget and election of new board members occurs on the third Tuesday in May.
Results of the library’s 2018 Community Survey.
2023 Meetings (pdfs)
- January 9 – board packet – watch the meeting on YouTube
- February 13 – board packet – watch the meeting on YouTube
- March 13 – board packet – watch the meeting on YouTube
- April 17 (third Monday) – board packet – watch the meeting on YouTube
- May 8 – board packet – watch the meeting on YouTube
- June 12
- July 10
- August 14
- September 11
- October 10 (Tuesday)
- November 13
- December 11
For archive minutes from 2017-2022, click here.
For archive meeting minutes from 1983-2016, click here.
- 2023 Building Enhancement Project Planning Study Report (pdf)
- Long-range building plan (pdf)
- Long-range services plan 2022-2025 (pdf)
Facts and figures (pdfs)
- Bethlehem Public Library 2022 Annual Report
- NYS Annual Report
- 2022-2023 budget
- Financial statements as of June 30, 2022, and required auditor’s communications
For past budgets, annual reports and audits, click here.
Browse the library’s policies.