by Jodi Moore, illustrated by Howard McWilliam
When a dragon moves into a boy’s sandcastle, he’s absolutely thrilled. After all, this scaly fire-breather frightens away bullies and makes it easy to toast marshmallows. Then the dragon starts messing up the brownies and flicking sand at the other kids…and guess who gets in trouble?
BEFORE watching the video discuss the following:
- What do you think the story is about?
- In this story, a dragon moves into a boy’s sandcastle. What do you think the dragon is going to do?
- Do you think the dragon is going to be naughty or polite?
WATCH and LISTEN to When a Dragon Moves In read for StorylineOnline.net:
COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS (adapted from Chalkboard Publishing) include:
- What does the boy say will happen if you build the perfect sand castle?
- What are three good things about having a dragon in your castle?
- What is the best thing about having a dragon in your castle?
- What does the boy’s mother say sounds like the dragon’s roar?
- What does the boy’s sister say the dragon’s sharp teeth are?
- What does the dragon eat?
- What does the dragon do to the brownies?
HELP the dragon find his way through this maze from Flashlight Press.
FIND words from the book in this word search from Flashlight Press.
MAKE a fire-breathing dragon with Miss Kate!