Here is a story with activities for the younger set. Click here for even more songs and nursery rhymes (pdf).
1. Watch and listen to “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle using felt pieces:
or watch Eric Carle read his book here:
[to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat”]
One, two, three, four, five
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten!
Counting can be so much fun,
Let’s do it all again! or click here to watch a numbers video.
- SONG: “Tick Tock, Tick Tock”Tick tock, tick tock
I’m a little cuckoo clock
tick tock tick tock
Now I’m striking one o’clock.
Cuckoo! (continue with two o’clock, etc.)You can sway with your child to the song and then lift your child up for each “Cuckoo”!
- Click here for a counting activity.
- Click here for a coloring page. Or click here for even more coloring pages and activities.
- Craft activities can include:
– Make an egg carton caterpillar. Click here for directions.
– Make a mobile. Click here for directions.