[Source: Alpena County Public Library]
Ashley Spires’s picture book “The Most Magnificent Thing” is a story about persistence and creative thinking that encourages readers to think outside of the box!
- WATCH and LISTEN to “The Most Magnificent Thing” here:
- Choose an activity (or two!) to extend learning:
- THINK OUTSIDE THE (TISSUE) BOX. Using an empty tissue box and other found materials, consider the different ways to deconstruct and re-imagine materials found around the house. Click here to check out the example from Alpena County Library librarian, Pat, a retired educator and READ facilitator.
- PLAY a memory match game based on the book at the link below or make you own version at home! Click here for more.
- JOURNAL or DRAW a picture about a time when you struggled or didn’t succeed. How did it made you feel? What did you learn?
- IMAGINE and DISCUSS unusual uses for everyday objects. Click here for some seemingly uninteresting objects for inspiration (pdf).
- PLAY the scribble game! What unexpected art will you create? Click here (pdf).