This evening book discussion group meets every other month. Follow the Goodreads discussion here.
It is dedicated to reading and discussing books by diverse authors in order to gain a better understanding of race and racism. Each month we will read a nonfiction or #OwnVoices fiction book.
Upcoming discussion titles
- Jan. 19 at 7 p.m.: Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
- March 23 at 7 p.m.: Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
- May 25 at 7 p.m.: The Sum of Us by Heather McGhee
Past discussion titles
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- Freedom Is a Constant Struggle by Angela Davis
- When No One Is Watching by Alyssa Cole
- Never Caught by Erica Armstrong Dunbar
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
- Minor Feelings by Cathy Park Hong
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- How to Be an Antiracist by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi
- If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin
- Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo.